Understanding Your Snapshot Status
After you create a Snapshot of a web page, Crazy Egg will begin the process of collecting data on your website visitors. Follow the progress of the data collection by checking your Snapshot status in your Snapshot Dashboard.
There are five Snapshot statuses: Pending, Scheduled, Running, Completed, and Action Required.
- Pending - This status displays when a Snapshot has just been created. It continues to display as we capture a screenshot of your web page and build a manifest of elements.
- Note: The Pending status will only change to Running once at least 1 visitor has gone to the page you are tracking using the device type you specified while setting up the Snapshot. Click here to learn more about the Pending status.
- Scheduled - This status displays when a Snapshot is scheduled to start at a later date/time. On the scheduled date and time, the Snapshot status will automatically change to Running.
- Running - This status displays when a Snapshot is currently in an active state and collecting data on your website visitors.
- Completed - This status displays when a Snapshot is no longer tracking your visitor data because the end date/visits limit was reached or the Snapshot was manually stopped.
- Action Required - This status displays when there is an error on the Snapshot.