WordPress Installation Guide
WordPress is a free content management system that allows you to build websites.
We created a plugin so you can easily install Crazy Egg on your WordPress website. To install the Crazy Egg plugin for WordPress, follow these steps:
- Log into your WordPress account.
- Click on Plugins along the left-hand side.
- Click on Add New in the submenu.
- At the top right hand corner, type in Crazy Egg within the Search plugins… input field.
- Find the Crazy Egg plugin. Click on Install Now and Activate.
- Click on Settings under the Crazy Egg Plugin. Or, click on the Crazy Egg tab along the left-hand side.
- Copy and paste the Crazy Egg tracking script that can be found here into the Your Tracking Script input field.
- Click on Save Changes.
Wait a few minutes and you can start to use Crazy Egg.
Optional: You can also check to see if you've installed Crazy Egg correctly. Once Crazy Egg has detected that the tracking code is on your site, the Check Installation tool will show a notice that looks like this:
"Tracking Script - All tests passed!" means that you have successfully installed Crazy Egg onto your Joomla site.
That's it, you're all done!
Create Your First Snapshot
What should I do next? Start creating Snapshots so you can see what visitors are exploring on your website and what areas could use some improvement. Check out our Crazy Egg 101: 4 Steps to a High Converting Website guide for more inspiration.