Google Tag Manager Installation Guide
Google Tag Manager is a free tool that makes it easy to add and update website tags such as conversion tracking, site analytics, re-marketing, and more.
Connecting Crazy Egg with Google Tag Manager is quick, easy, and it doesn't require any coding. Check out this video that shows how to set your account up with Google Tag Manager.
To connect Crazy Egg with Google Tag Manager, follow these steps:
Let's look at how to add Crazy Egg as a new tag in Google Tag Manager:
- Login into your Google Tag Manager account.
- Click on Add a New Tag.
- Click on the Tag Configuration section. (Or, click on the pencil icon.)
- Choose Crazy Egg.
- Copy the account number at the top of the Google Tag Manager Instructions page. Enter your Crazy Egg account number into the Account Number field.
Note: The Snapshot Name field under Advanced Options must be left blank.
- Click on the Triggering area. Select All Pages for the trigger.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Submit at the upper right-hand side of the page.
- Click on Publish.
Wait a few minutes and you can start to use Crazy Egg.
You can also check to see if you've installed Crazy Egg correctly. Once Crazy Egg has detected that the tracking code is on your site, the Check Installation tool will show a notice that looks like this:
That's it, you're all done!
Create Your First Snapshot
What should I do next? Start creating Snapshots so you can see what visitors are exploring on your website and what areas could use some improvement. Check out our Crazy Egg 101: 4 Steps to a High Converting Website guide for more inspiration.