Joomla! Installation Guide
Joomla! is a content management system that you can use to set up a website. It's incredibly straightforward to install Crazy Egg on your Joomla website using the Crazy Egg Joomla extension. This will allow you to track data on your Joomla site.
To connect Joomla and Crazy Egg, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Joomla account and open your Control Panel.
- Go to Extensions > Manage > Install > Install from URL.
- Enter the Crazy Egg Joomla extension URL: https://github.com/CrazyEggInc/crazyegg-joomla-plugin/raw/master/crazyegg-joomla-plugin.zip
- Click on Check and Install. Go to Extensions > Plugins.
- Type Crazy Egg into the search field. Find the Crazy Egg plugin in the list and open it.
- Change the plugin's status to Enabled in the dropdown at the right.Once the plugin is enabled, you'll see a green confirmation alert that says "Plugin enabled."
- Enter your Crazy Egg account number into the Account Number text field.
- Click Save.
Wait a few minutes and you can start to use Crazy Egg.
Optional: You can also check to see if you've installed Crazy Egg correctly. Once Crazy Egg has detected that the tracking code is on your site, the Check Installation tool will show a notice that looks like this:
"Tracking Script - All tests passed!" means that you have successfully installed Crazy Egg on your Joomla site.
That's it, you're all done!
Create Your First Snapshot
What should I do next? Start creating Snapshots so you can see what visitors are exploring on your website and what areas could use some improvement. Check out our Crazy Egg 101: 4 Steps to a High Converting Website guide for more inspiration.