Magento 2 Installation Guide
Magento is a flexible E-Commerce platform that gives tools to help online sellers run and grow their businesses. If you are using Magento 1, click here to learn how to set up Crazy Egg and Magento 1.
To set up Crazy Egg and your Magento 2 site, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Magento account, and open your admin panel.
- In the panel on the left, click on Content > Configuration.
- Find the store view that you want to configure. Then, in the Action column, click Edit.
- Click to expand the HTML Head section.
- Paste the Crazy Egg tracking script into the Scripts and Style Sheets text box.
- Click on the Save Configuration button.
Wait a few minutes and you can start to use Crazy Egg.
You can also check to see if you've installed Crazy Egg correctly. Once Crazy Egg has detected that the tracking script is on your site, the Check Installation tool will show a notice that looks like this:
"Tracking Script - All tests passed!" means that you have successfully installed Crazy Egg onto your website.
That's it, you're all done!
Create Your First Snapshot
What should I do next? Start creating Snapshots so you can see what visitors are exploring on your website and what areas could use some improvement. Check out our Crazy Egg 101: 4 Steps to a High Converting Website guide for more inspiration.