Crazy Egg’s Snapshot reports, user session recordings and A/B testing tools were created to help website owners and marketers inform and improve their design by leveraging real user data.
With our SurveyMonkey integration, we are adding another layer of insights into the customer discovery process. You now have the power to find out what customers are looking for, why they came, what they want, whether or not they found it, and their satisfaction with their experience.
Crazy Egg provides visual data that shows you what is happening on your site. SurveyMonkey helps you understand why that behavior is happening.
Used together, you can identify aspects of your customer experience that are underperforming, capture feedback and make improvements.
SurveyMonkey has been the global leader in survey software for two decades. It’s simple to use, but extremely powerful:
- With their free Basic plan, you can build a survey with up to 10 questions or elements (including question types, descriptive text, or images).
- You have the ability to create a survey from a template, customize the template to your own requirements, or just start a survey from scratch.
- Once you’ve launched it, you can collect responses on your site, or via email, or social.
- SurveyMonkey’s analysis tools let you browse individual responses; create and export dynamic charts; use filter, compare, and show rules to analyze specific data views and segments; view and categorize open-ended responses, and easily download your results in multiple formats.
Within a matter of minutes, you have the ability to launch a customer feedback program, uncover valuable product insights, create compelling content, gather testimonials, and increase visitor engagement.
What Can I Use SurveyMonkey For?
Here are some reasons why you would use SurveyMonkey to gather customer feedback:
- I'm designing/redesigning my site. I want to better understand who my visitors are, and what brought them to my site. The answers to this will better help me organize information, help with copy, help with navigation and other design decisions.
- I'm evaluating my site design and want to know what people think of my site experience or product offering.
- As a site owner I want to know what visitors think of my value proposition. Is it clear? Compelling? Original?
- I want to run a quarterly Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey and stay in touch with my detractors and promoters*.
*Pro Tip: A best practice for all surveys is to ask people if you can contact them and to try to get an email address. Interviews are great learning opportunities!
What Kind of Questions Can I Ask?
What you ask will widely depend on your business goals and the information that matters most to your design decision-making process, but here are some question types that will help you gather that data:
Multiple Choice Questions
Ex: “Did you find what you were looking for today?” [Yes] or [No]
Rating Scales or Matrix Questions
Ex: “On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being indistinct and 10 being very distinct, how unique do you think [brand name] is vs. other brands like [competitor name] and [competitor name]?”
Ex: “What online courses would most interest you?” [Blank comment box]
Ex: “What is your income level?” [Range of income options]
How Can I Get Started With SurveyMonkey?
Whether you’re in the market research or design evaluation phase of building your website, SurveyMonkey can add an extra dimension of insight into what your customers want and need from their interactions with your brand.
Ready to launch your first survey? Head over to your Crazy Egg dashboard to get started.