Guide to User Recordings
Recordings is a Crazy Egg feature that lets you watch recordings of your visitors interacting with your website. You'll see their actual mouse movements, clicks, and more!
Get instant feedback after you launch a new website
- Identify bugs or UX issues
- Watch individual visitors interact with your site's navigation and product pages
... and much, much more!
How to Set Up User Recordings
1. Install the Crazy Egg tracking script. You can find the script by clicking on My code within your Crazy Egg dashboard.
2. Go to your Recordings dashboard which is on the left-side navigation to access the Recordings dashboard. The Recordings dashboard gives you a bird's eye view of all your video recordings.
3. Click on Start Recording.
By default, Crazy Egg will record sessions on any page on your site that has the Crazy Egg tracking snippet installed.
Need to control which user journeys you want to record? See Start recording specific pages.
Data Collection Distribution
Crazy Egg will automatically distribute data collection evenly throughout the day over a course of the month.
Let's say your site receives 326,000 sessions per month
And your account is on the Recordings plan of 1500 sessions per month
1500 / 326,000 = 0.0046 which is about 0.4%
Crazy Egg tracks 4 out of every 1000 sessions