The tracking script is what lets Crazy Egg track your visitors and without it, your report will not pick up any of your users' interactions. Installing the Crazy Egg script involves copying and pasting the script provided to you on your web pages or in your header file. If you maintain your header information in a separate file then you only need to install this script once. If you have your header information (code) on each of your web pages then you will need to install this code on each page.
1. The recommended location to add the script is before the closing head tag.
Open your page in a text editor in your HTML code, locate </head>. Here is an example:
2. Paste your Crazy Egg script on the line before </head>. Your page should look similar to this.
3. Save your changes.
Congratulations, you have setup the script and are now ready to start creating snapshots!Note worthy mentions ...
2. The tracking script is unique to your account and the same tracking script is used for all snapshots added to your account.
3. The tracking script will detect the protocol used on your site and match it. A HTTPS version of the tracking script will be used if your site uses HTTPS/SSL.
4. The tracking script can be installed anywhere on the page. The recommended installation location is before the closing head tag.
5. You can use the Script Check Tool
to check your installation.
Add your page url and click on "Check URL
Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback is important to us.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated!