Privacy matters. We work hard to make sure your data is secure and only available to you. We've built a tool to block sensitive customer information.
How to Exclude Elements in Crazy Egg Recordings with Selectors
To block elements from showing up within Crazy Egg Recordings using selectors, follow these steps:
1. Go to Recordings.
2. Click on Recordings Settings > Mask elements.
3. Enter in CSS selectors into the text field to block data from those elements.
We'll automatically save the changes for you. That's it, you're done!
How to Exclude Elements in Crazy Egg Recordings without any code
Not sure how to use selectors? We made it super easy to click and block elements from being recorded without any coding knowledge.
To mask elements without any code, follow these steps:
- Enter in the URL of the page
- Click on the element on the page
- The CSS selector you chose will automatically be added to the Mask elements with Selectors list.
Who can use this feature?
Owners and Managers can select which elements to mask.
Are there any elements that are automatically masked?
Yes! We automatically exclude the following elements for you:
- All text field inputs except for checkboxes and radio buttons (this covers names, credit card numbers, social security numbers, and etc.)
- Telephone numbers
- All elements with the "contenteditable" attribute
'input:not([type])', 'input[type=""]', 'input[type=text]', 'input[type=password]', 'input[type=email]', 'input[type=number]', 'input[type=tel]', 'input[type=range]', 'textarea', '[contenteditable=true]', '[contenteditable=""]'
What happens when Crazy Egg excludes an element within a recording?
When you watch a recording and see an element that has been masked, you'll see a gray box over it which means it's blocked.