Google Tag Manager is a free tool that makes it easy to add and update website tags. Website tags such as conversion tracking, site analytics, re-marketing, and more. This can all be done with just a few clicks, and without needing to edit your website code. Check out this video about Google Tag Manager on setting up your account.
Let's look at how to add Crazy Egg as a new tag in Google Tag Manager:
- Login into your Google Tag Manager account.
- Click on Add a New Tag from the dashboard menu.
- Click on the pencil icon in the top right.
- Choose Crazy Egg.
- Enter your Crazy Egg account number. Note: You can find your Crazy Egg Account number at the top of the Instructions page.
- Under Triggering choose All Pages.
- Click Save in the top right.
Then click Publish to publish the script to all pages of your site.